[libre-riscv-dev] pinmux in nmigen

Rishabh Jain rishucoding at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:19:52 BST 2019

Hendrik, I think you are pointing to CISC vs RISC debate. I guess, one case
is RISC has simpler instructions which makes hw implementation of  decoding
easier .. but for a complex x86 instruction: it will break to multiple
simple RISC instructions. So, that means processor pipeline executing one
complex instruction or 3-4 simple instructions to do the same task. Here, I
can't intuitively say which one is better in terms of energy! Please
correct me if I am missing something.

I believe Luke was pointing to carryout  the timeline for subtasks which
needs to be completed in 4-5 months.