[Libre-soc-dev] Orangecrab progress

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Sep 12 21:18:48 BST 2022

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 9:10 PM Tobias Platen via Libre-soc-dev
<libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> I tried to get a uart output in icarus verilog, that did not work for
> an unknown reason. Knowing that the uart works in ls2 and that the core
> boots from the right location, I flashed the orangecrab with the latest
> version of ls2. As expected it shows the Soc features,

excellent!

> but DRAM fails:
>
> Soc signature: 00010001F00DAA55  Soc features: UART DRAM
> Auto calibration profile:p0 rdly:00000007 p1 rdly:00000007
> Reloading built-in calibration profile...DRAM test...

yyep, this is "normal" and needs a lot of experimentation
and investigation.  each time i try to sort this out it takes
weeks - full-time - and i can't afford to do that.

Cesar may be able to help, he has one of the orangecrabs.