[Libre-soc-dev] payment for formal proofs work

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Feb 22 11:53:15 GMT 2022

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 10:49 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I started working on the shift/rotate formal proof again, and noticed you
> had done a bunch of work

yes, i know.  because they're not completed.

>  but weren't paid for your work yet, do you want to
> get paid for that and the other tasks you worked on (mul formal proof and a
> few others)?

of course!

> if so, we can figure out how much is appropriate. you'll want
> to submit the requests for payment to nlnet soon, because the nlnet grants
> are expiring in a few months.

i know.  Michiel has asked - finally - about it - after i notified him
that we couldn't
find people to help.

i have to be honest here: when you worked on rust for 18 months, it caused an
enormous amount of damage to our reputation with NLnet, because the money
was allocated to us based on trust that you would be working full-time.

if you are still working on anything not related to NLnet please stop,
right now,
and urgently, urgently focus on getting as much done.

otherwise when we apply for additional NLnet Grants, Michiel may decline them,
quite reasonably.