[Libre-soc-dev] GitLab-CI fixes

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 4 22:28:41 BST 2021

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 9:50 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 4, 2021, 13:39 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > can
> > > >

> > > I will need to know the ssh public key of the gitolite3 user acct (not
> > the
> > > public key of the whole server), then I can add it to debian salsa.
> >

> > i'll have to make one (there isn't one, it's currently incoming only)
> >
> > hmm i'm wondering if it would be better to set up a cron job, on the
> > server, to do git push each day,
>

> Please No, the point of the CI is partly to tell people they broke
> something as soon as possible so they can fix or revert it before others
> build on their broken code, waiting a day defeats a lot of the purpose.

as you probably noticed, i do 20 to 30 commits per day.  whatever
server receives those commits is going to get absolutely hammered, and
hammered with *overlapping* jobs.

> No, it should only take 1-2s after each push since we only need to sync to
> the mirror whatever commits you just pushed. If we really need to, we can
> make it start an asynchronous job that pushes in the background, but I
> don't expect that to be necessary.

there are other reasons: salsa was hacked and went offline.

> it only mirrors changes to the matching repo on debian salsa, so each
> post-receive hook only needs to push the current repo, not all 15.

the current repo... times 15.

you don't push 15 repos time 15 repos, it's a one-to-one.  one push,
means one corresponding sync.

that's still 15 repos:

* nnutil
* ieeee764fpu
* nmigen
* nmigen-soc
* soc
* c4m-jtag
* openpower-isa (missing from Kazan)
* pia

ok only 8 (so far - we still have binutils and gcc to add,

now, if some of those are going to be excluded (which kinda defeats
the object of the exercise) then great, only say one is needed.