[Libre-soc-dev] GitLab-CI fixes

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue May 4 21:50:28 BST 2021

On Tue, May 4, 2021, 13:39 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 4, 2021, 13:27 Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm still waiting on someone who has admin access to git.libre-soc.org
> > > setting up a post-receive command to push to the debian salsa repos, I
> > can
> > > give the server's gitolite3 user acct ssh key write access to the salsa
> > > repos.
> > >

> > I will need to know the ssh public key of the gitolite3 user acct (not
> the
> > public key of the whole server), then I can add it to debian salsa.
>

> i'll have to make one (there isn't one, it's currently incoming only)
>
> hmm i'm wondering if it would be better to set up a cron job, on the
> server, to do git push each day,

Please No, the point of the CI is partly to tell people they broke
something as soon as possible so they can fix or revert it before others
build on their broken code, waiting a day defeats a lot of the purpose.

rather than delay everyone's commits
> waiting for a post-receive hook.

No, it should only take 1-2s after each push since we only need to sync to
the mirror whatever commits you just pushed. If we really need to, we can
make it start an asynchronous job that pushes in the background, but I
don't expect that to be necessary.

> there are now a *lot* of repositories, something like 15, including nmigen,
> c4m-jtag, many more.

it only mirrors changes to the matching repo on debian salsa, so each
post-receive hook only needs to push the current repo, not all 15.