[Libre-soc-dev] Questions about the logos.

Jean-Paul Chaput Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
Tue Jun 15 12:01:04 BST 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-15 at 11:05 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 10:50 AM Jean-Paul Chaput <Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr>
> wrote:
>

> > Hello Staf,
> >
> > As said in the title, I have some questions about including
> > the logo:
> >
> > 1. The GDS do not contains the logo drawn in the top metal layer,
> >    but also all the other metals. I assume it is for density reasons.
> >
> > 2. In additions to those layers, there is a layer Id 150, with
> >    DATATYPE 1 to 6. What are they for? I
>

> blockage, i presume?  which layer number is that supposed to be?

  Could not tell you which number it is (NDA :-( ), but I have it
  and it is not 150...

> f they need to be included,
> >    we must create an associated basic layers in techno.py.
> >
> > 3. Where do I put the logos on the chip.
>

> bottom left
>
> They are all around 150um
> >    wide, and that do not fit in the spare triangular area in the
> >    pads corners.
> >

> they need to be actually visible under a microscope for TSMC's
> people to get the orientation correct - by hand - when putting into
> the package.

  We can assume that, as they need to see the bounding area of the
  pads, a size close to it is big enough. So, one square logo of
  50nm side would perfectly fit.

> thus i suspect they will actually all need to be dropped into the
> *main* area.

  I don't like putting logos in the main area, they will complicate
  the work of the P&R and can be source of errors.
    Maybe I can put them, in METAL6 only, between the power lines.
  Same restriction : no more than 50um wide.

--

      .-.     J e a n - P a u l   C h a p u t  /  Administrateur Systeme
      /v\     Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
    /(___)\   work: (33) 01.44.27.53.99
     ^^ ^^    cell:      06.66.25.35.55   home: 09.65.29.83.38

    U P M C   Universite Pierre & Marie Curie
    L I P 6   Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris VI
    S o C     System On Chip