[Libre-soc-dev] Unexpected clock connexions.

Jean-Paul Chaput Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
Thu Jun 3 15:13:49 BST 2021

On Thu, 2021-06-03 at 14:55 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> * all parts of TestIssuerInternal run at PLL CLOCK
> * SYS_RST goes **IN** to DMI/JTAG
> * DBG_RST comes **OUT* of DMI/JTAG and goes **IN** to ALL other parts of
> TestIssuerInternal.
>
> if this is not done we cannot properly run unit tests, the only way to
> reset the core
> will be via a hard reset, which will hard reset even the DEBUG interface.
>
> the DEBUG interface is the *ONLY WAY* to upload to the SRAM and DFF memory.
> a hard reset would overwrite that and we cannot use JTAG to upload programs.
>
> if we cannot upload programs *we cannot test the core*.
>
> so it is pretty much essential: whereas having the Core and other components
> run at PLL_CLK is *not essential*.

  That's clear and OK for me. Just need the Verilog now...

--

      .-.     J e a n - P a u l   C h a p u t  /  Administrateur Systeme
      /v\     Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
    /(___)\   work: (33) 01.44.27.53.99
     ^^ ^^    cell:      06.66.25.35.55   home: 09.65.29.83.38

    U P M C   Universite Pierre & Marie Curie
    L I P 6   Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris VI
    S o C     System On Chip