[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 15oct2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Oct 15 19:03:24 BST 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 6:55 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:46 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >
> > i have no idea and no way to check until we can do simulations of the
> > coriolis2 layout.
>
> Ok thanks for clarifying.
>
> > were you running minicom on the serial console and did it show anything?
>
> No, I had no idea about this. Would you mind specifying the process I
> should be following with the fpga?

you need a way to confirm that the program uploaded actually did
something.  this means connecting to the serial port on the FPGA board
with a program that talks to serial ports.  one such program is called
"minicom".

also this is completely meaningless if the FPGA binary doesn't
actually configure the FPGA to *do* something involving the serial
console.  however in this particular case the Litex BIOS has in fact
been configured to "do something".

> I'm struggling, as clearly I'm
> missing critical steps/pieces of information, such as 'run minicom on
> the serial console', and how to run minicom on the serial console...

search for it!!  this should be your first automatic reaction when
given keywords that you don't understand or know about.
https://www.google.com/search?q=minicom+ulx3s

https://github.com/DoctorWkt/ULX3S-Blinky
https://github.com/DoctorWkt/ULX3S-Blinky/tree/master/Echo