[Libre-soc-dev] versa_ecp5.py P&R failure was daily kan-ban update 14oct2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:53:17 BST 2020

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 6:56 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Date:   Sat Sep 5 17:35:17 2020 +0100
>       ^^^^          ^^^^^^
> > Ok great, I thought it was from real code, not just me fiddling with
> > configuration params.
>
> that is real code: look at the date.

Yes awkward phrasing on my part, but that is indeed what I meant. That this
had occurred because of a substantive modification of code, very likely
done by you as you make up 99% of the project’s commits, not merely from my
very recent fiddling with configuration parameters. Was just looking to see
if it was my mistake so I could make a note of what I had done wrong. But
it’s almost as informative for me to learn from you correcting your own
mistakes. I feel like I’m not able to write clearly right now, but
hopefully you get the gist of what I’m saying.

> > Is it a hard limitation of litex that it can’t handles XICS style
> > interrupts,
>
> litex is software, therefore there is no limitation.

Great. I’m trying to understand what the implications of your earlier
comment on this thread were, so that I can better understand our code.

```
ok the missing pieces are that litex doesn't understand XICS
interrupts, and they were in an unconfigured peripheral address
location anyway.
```

i.e. if we need litex to be able to understand XISC, and if not what our
‘workaround’/alternative is.

Cole