[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 03nov2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Nov 3 19:02:40 GMT 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 5:53 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> working on the scheduling comparison table generation program. been
> spending some time trying to get libc++ to build for
> wasm32-unknown-unknown, I'm starting to think it'll be waay easier to just
> use the WASI target instead since it already has a full libc. Working on
> C++ again makes me really miss the ease of building for unusual targets,
> lifetimes, and all the nice functional iterator combinators Rust has.

lol very funny.  i actually quite enjoyed working with samba
(autoconf), and learned a massive amount from andrew tridgell (a
hugely experienced systems programmer), when samba was running on a
whopping 20+ completely disparate UNIX systems.

however... c++ libraries... yrrrr.... *head-banging on keyboard*....
name-mangling-changing-across-even-versions-of-the-compiler...
urrrr... :)

> Helping explain stuff in phone calls with Cole.

he listens pretty well, and finds everything fascinating doesn't he?
oh hello, cole, didn't see you there :)