[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 26 aug 2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:31:56 BST 2020

On Wednesday, August 26, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 26, 2020, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have no idea how to translate, i.e. vhdl generate statement

Thank you, I really need help with the generate statements too. At what
point do you think you’ll have time to review my work like you did with my
mmu.py work last week?

> port
> > maps,
>

> these are just the parameters to the object.  anything identified as as
> input you call object.input.eq(theinput) and anything as output you do
> theoutput.eq(object.input)
>
> of course some may be RecordObjects and here i typically create a function
> called connect_to.
>
> however the microwatt team you will see they subdivided into inputs and
> outputs and grouped them together so you do not need to do that trick.
>
> RecordObject.eq will do.
>
> and generic maps.

Thanks that’s really interesting I’ll take a run at this shortly.

> the arrays of arrays, particularly the ones with types, you just have to
> substitute one into the other then do that again *and* again.
>
> you end up with a 2D array of signals.
>
> the inner type is the bitwidth of the signal
> the middle type is the inner array dimension.
> the outer type is the outer areay dimension.

Thanks that’s a very helpful explanation, although I think I’ve already
done this to completion in the file, am I mistaken?

Cole