[Libre-soc-dev] Introduction: Hello Everyone

Thomas Stephens tmsteph1290 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 23:52:36 BST 2024

Ok,

I'm glad I asked.

Are you telling me on the page mentioned here:
https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/devscripts/

I should be able to run those commands to get up and running on most
any modern debian host system?

To me, it almost seems to suggest that we want to use a Debian 10
host, which would be insecure from day-to-day.

>From what I can tell, this assumption is incorrect, and the part about
debian 10 in the docs has to do with Chroot and how the tooling works,
and has nothing to do with the host operating system.

I'm glad to clear this up and I'll look into contributing to
documentation as I go along.

Charter looks great and I hope to be of value soon!

Thanks for all of the support.

-tmsteph