[Libre-soc-dev] Introduction: Hello Everyone

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun May 19 06:22:37 BST 2024

On Saturday, May 18, 2024, Thomas Stephens <tmsteph1290 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I'm glad I asked.
>

> Are you telling me on the page mentioned here:
> https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/devscripts/
>
> I should be able to run those commands to get up and running on most
> any modern debian host system?

of course. that's what chroots do.

> To me, it almost seems to suggest that we want to use a Debian 10
> host, which would be insecure from day-to-day.

no. the instructions would explicitly state, "your HOST
OS must be debian/10" and would not mention various
people attempting to use archlinux (which worked... mostly)

> Charter looks great

sorry to have to ask: do you agree to follow it? :)
then i can set you up with ssh access to the repos.

geometry: without it life is pointless
the fibonacci series: easy as 1 1 2 3