[Libre-soc-dev] Introduction: Hello Everyone

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 18 22:41:39 BST 2024

On Saturday, May 18, 2024, Thomas Stephens <tmsteph1290 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I noticed, while following directions, that the Debian 10 installation
medium was hard to come by.

> Upon further investigation, Debian 10 Buster is ending Long-term Service
and Support on the 30th of this June, 2024, next month.
> https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/
>
> Debian 12, the current debian distribution, maintains Long-Term Support
until June 2028.

this is, interestingly, completely irrelevant.
you will - should - *not* be attempting to connect
to the internet.  the purpose is to install *tools*,
not a "main OS" and DEFINITELY not as a server.

this misconception is very common.

> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
>
> I agree it's best to stay stable, but we must also stay current.
>0

logic dictates otherwise, counterintuitively!

> I'd love to be a part of testing and documentation for moving to debian 12

4-6 months work, estimated cost approx EUR 30,000 - 50,000
it would need its own NLnet Grant.

the dependencies on some of these tools is BIG.

geometry: without it life is pointless
the fibonacci series: easy as 1 1 2 3