[libre-riscv-dev] buffered pipeline

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Mar 16 05:36:30 GMT 2019

Got some ideas Jacob about simplyfying API for buffered pipeline. Class
with "allocate input signals" function, and corresponding "allocate output
signals" fn.

Idea is, this fn may return a single signal, or an iteration of signals, or
an object that has an eq fn that can be used to copy/connect.

OutAllocate fn in the buffered case is called 3 times, once for the actual
output, once to create the temporary register and once for the
combinatorial block.

Would like to make sure that the IOack code is sufficiently general purpose
yet also does not require significant amounts of code to be written

At the moment the pipe example you wrote I believe critically relies on the
data being a Signal. Have to check that again on monday.

Also is it possible to move the type declarations to a pyi file? I found
that they interfered with the readability of the code and increased the
line count. Function declarations that should be on a single line required
four or five.

L.