[libre-riscv-dev] useful article on consensus

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Apr 26 10:35:46 BST 2019

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 9:33 AM Aleksandar Kostovic
<alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> > "we're kiinda like... having a talk-show-host conversation, here, or a
> > reality show about technology.  it's rather odd :)"
> That is so true. I just love how we have built our relations in a way that
> we discuss everything, at a pace that suits everyone. The talk show format
> of conversation is very practical IMO. I also love how knowledgable you all
> are so every time we have a discussion i enjoy reading the comments and
> opinions.
>
> As you said its odd, but it works ;)

 lowest-common-denominator "old-school" style channels (mailing lists,
bugzilla, irc), they tend to make for a much more inclusive community,
as the reliance on particular browsers or apps is gone.

 so i am very grateful to all of you for not showing the...
"resistance" that i have witnessed on other projects to using
lowest-common-denominator tools.

 please, though: if at any time we get a request in the future,
"what's the slack channel for this project?" um could someone else
reply? i might be um a bit un-diplomatic, and it would be nicer to
have a more positive response :)