[Libre-soc-sim] Progress

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 19:47:46 BST 2021

On August 14, 2021 5:47:49 PM UTC, Peter Hsu <peter.hsu at bsc.es> wrote:
>Hello Luke, All,
>
>riscv64-...-gdb seems to be working now.  Must compile programs with
>-fno-omit-frame-pointer to make backtrace work:

this is great news, having single-stepping, the possibility exists to use gdb machine interface to automatically run unit tests, single step them, and check the results.

we do that with qemu at the moment, it is possible to do side-by-side single step, compare a memdump and regdump after each instruction.

it is horribly slow but you can ensure comparative correctness of specific instruction implementations.

by running thousands of such programs we ironically found obscure bugs in qemu ppc64.

l.