[Libre-soc-dev] idea: get grant from rust foundation to add powerpc/svp64 backend to cranelift

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:27:19 GMT 2023

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023, 03:12 Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> didn't think about that because this seemed just like NGI Pointer which
> apparently wasn't a problem.
>
> maybe we should ask michiel what he thinks...imho he'll probably be fine
> with it since if the rust foundation pays for it then nlnet can spend the
> money nlnet would have needed to spend on it on some other aspect of
> libre-soc rather than having to use up lots of nlnet funding starting
> getting compilers working for svp64. libre-soc has enough work to go around.

i suggested in the tue meeting that maybe I could apply for a nlnet grant
for this instead of from the rust foundation, luke liked that idea and also
suggested that, if the rust foundation grant goes through nlnet that it
likely wouldn't be a problem, it would be supplemental money for the nlnet
grant.