[Libre-soc-dev] idea: get grant from rust foundation to add powerpc/svp64 backend to cranelift

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Feb 21 12:00:48 GMT 2023

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:12 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'd like to point out this is iirc exactly what happened
> when you all worked on the NGI pointer grant,

NLnet is part of NGI.

and the NGI POINTER Grant milestones specifically funded the
immediate and highest-priority goals needed for the support of
the exact same goals as were part of NLnet Grants.

some milestones were even swapped from NLnet MoU to
NGI POINTER milestones and vice-versa, including after
the NGI POINTER Sub-Grant Contract had been signed.

if you choose to apply for any Grant that is not a high priority
task as part of your obligations to NLnet i will be forced into
the position of having to inform NLnet.

the last time you failed to work full-time under your obligations
to NLnet i did not inform them and was forced instead into the
position of doing your share of work, for approximately eighteen
months.

i cannot and will not do that again, plain and simple.

it was only after you began running out of money and asked me (twice)
to violate the NLnet funding conditions and risk triggering a full EU
Audit of both the Libre-SOC Project *and of NLnet* by diverting money
to rust-related tasks that had no NLnet Milestone that i was able to get you
to focus on NLnet tasks *without* "ordering" you to do work (which i
cannot in any way do as this is a Libre Community Project, and there
is no Contract)