[Libre-soc-dev] maybe get ryzen 7950x for faster compilation and avx512

Jacob Bachmeyer jcb62281 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:25:54 BST 2022

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via Libre-soc-dev wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 8:31 PM Timothy Pearson via Libre-soc-dev
> <libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
>

>> What if the simulation is subverted or corrupted
>>

> fortunately we're running a FOSS project, not relying on just
> our own machines to run tests.

You are also in a very obscure niche.  How many people, other than the
major active participants, are likely to even run the
simulations/analyses in the first place, much less be able to understand
the results and recognize a problem?  Would an issue found by someone
outside the project but (due, in this hypothesis, to subversion) not
reproducible on the project's machines be taken seriously?  Or would it
simply be closed as "WORKSFORME"?

OpenSSL is another FOSS project.  How long did Heartbleed go unnoticed?

-- Jacob