[Libre-soc-dev] maybe get ryzen 7950x for faster compilation and avx512

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Mon Sep 26 18:00:08 BST 2022

----- Original Message -----

I think I'd want to see the numbers on that...I doubt you'd be loading the machine 100% 24/7, for example,  The larger cloud providers also tend to have access to the hardware at a relative discount, so depending on overall workload (and since security / data integrity is mostly equivalent at the "untrustworthy" level due to the PSP etc.), it may actually be cheaper to go cloud.  Cloud also means that over time you will get access to newer hardware as part of the overall rental costs vs. having to purchase another machine.

Just my $0.02. :)