[Libre-soc-dev] moving unused files in ieee754fpu.git

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:28:10 BST 2022

On Tue, May 10, 2022, 20:34 lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 12:40 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > ah, ok. i missed your answer.
>
> doh.
>
> > well, a bunch of it was obviously not maintained even as other code
> > was moved around, e.g. one file tries to import FPOp (iirc), which
> > was replaced with FPOpIn/Out.
>
> basically, i ran out of time, and to be honest we're still out of time.
> once there's a hell of a lot less time pressure or there are more
> people to help then it's more appropriate to focus on this.
> otherwise i'd suggest the fastest and most productive use of
> time is to create a whitelist of tests

I created a ignore-list of thoroughly borked test files and fixed the
top-level imports on the other tests. i'll go through the individual test
functions/classes probably on thursday (technically today...i'm kinda
partial to what some japanese tv broadcasters do where they have stuff at
24:00, 25:00, etc.) and figure out how to fix (if really easy) or get
pytest to ignore those particular tests.

and not waste either CPU
> or your time or anyone else's time running CI.
>
> i couldn't even look at that report because it was too large, i had
> to terminate the page because it was about to cause the browser
> to run out of memory.

assuming that was on your low-ram phone...try on your laptop.

the idea is the build log contains nearly everything you could ever need to
see that's a program's stdout/stderr, as well as the info to reproduce it
(git commit hashes for all the used git repos mostly).

gitlab's web page with web browsers are just a particularly memory
inefficient way of viewing the build log.