[Libre-soc-dev] Who wants build failure emails?

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:10:37 BST 2022

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022, 12:04 Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2022, 02:01 Dmitry Selyutin <ghostmansd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2022, 11:56 Jacob Lifshay via Libre-soc-dev <
>> libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
>>
>>> they're available via git:
>>> git clone https://build.libre-soc.programmerjake.tk/build-archive.git
>>

>> I suggest making this repository follow the same naming conventions as
>> others, and be accessible via gitolite3 in a usual fashion.
>>

> that's what i wanted too, but luke did not want build logs anywhere near
> libre-soc.org git or mailing lists...because of that, i am hosting it on
> my own server.

If this is about disk usage, a log rotation should do the trick (perhaps
not git then). If this is about having it in a different place, this is
quite strange, because everything else is in one place (I can literally
visit all repositories which belong to libresoc and see all of them). This
also applies to stuff like salsa.debian and similar external hosts on which
we do rely, unless there's an official support for SVP64 so we can take it
from upstream. For example, once binutils bless our patches for upstream,
we might drop our git. But not before.