[Libre-soc-dev] budget-sync

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jun 20 10:55:28 BST 2022

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 10:44 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> can't we just ask nlnet to change that as long as it still totals to 50k?

i've asked four times - no response.

> maybe have it print a "amounts fixed" message at the end of every
> line in that tree where it had to adjust amounts for consistency? should be pretty easy for you to add, just compare node.fixed_* with node.*.

i'm still thinking it through, and i think the logic that makes sense
(nebulously) in my mind is (based on these)

bug #   77          budget   4500 excltasks   2000 s 4500 p 4500
bug #   60              budget   2500 excltasks   2500 s 2500 p 2500

if budget == s == p == excltasks then just only display budget.

but #48 messes with that, it should be

if budget == expected_budget && budget == s == p == excltasks
then only display budget.

> i intentionally changed it to report the consistent values since that makes it much easier to spot if all the budget was used or not -- most of our tasks we can adjust the budget easily so defaulting to adjusting it (with an accompanying error message) is the correct move imho.

yehyeh.