[Libre-soc-dev] budget-sync

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 10:43:58 BST 2022

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 02:30 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 10:20 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 02:08 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:

> including subtasks instead if adjusting the budget excluding subtasks would
> make it negative:
> >> >
> https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=utils.git;a=commitdiff;h=16ad3ec56fc34b6e256248881c69f6277848061f
> >>
> >> was that because "if negative truncated to zero it can't possibly
> balance"?
> >

> > uuh, it's because if it's negative the auditors won't be happy...so i
> changed it to just increase the total instead.
>
> as long as it does actually balance.  the negative number told me that the
> budgets are NOT authorised.
>
> so for example right now, the MoU says:
>
>       bug 48 15000
>
> which is the total authorised amount.  but the report is currently LYING
> when it says 15525.

can't we just ask nlnet to change that as long as it still totals to 50k?

maybe have it print a "amounts fixed" message at the end of every line in
that tree where it had to adjust amounts for consistency? should be pretty
easy for you to add, just compare node.fixed_* with node.*.

i intentionally changed it to report the consistent values since that makes
it much easier to spot if all the budget was used or not -- most of our
tasks we can adjust the budget easily so defaulting to adjusting it (with
an accompanying error message) is the correct move imho.