[Libre-soc-dev] budget-sync

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jun 20 10:30:16 BST 2022

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 10:20 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 02:08 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 5:54 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I also adjusted the budget fix heuristics to adjust the budget including subtasks instead if adjusting the budget excluding subtasks would make it negative:
>> > https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=utils.git;a=commitdiff;h=16ad3ec56fc34b6e256248881c69f6277848061f
>>
>> was that because "if negative truncated to zero it can't possibly balance"?
>

> uuh, it's because if it's negative the auditors won't be happy...so i changed it to just increase the total instead.

as long as it does actually balance.  the negative number told me that the
budgets are NOT authorised.

so for example right now, the MoU says:

      bug 48 15000

which is the total authorised amount.  but the report is currently LYING
when it says 15525.

   bug #   48      budget  15525 excltasks      0 s 15525 p 15525

hmmm... ok ok it's reported here

ERROR:root:Budget assigned to task including subtasks (cf_total_budget
field) doesn't match calculated value: bug #48, calculated value 15525