[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 05jun2022

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jun 5 23:34:54 BST 2022

On Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 11:20 PM Cesar Strauss via Libre-soc-dev
<libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> 3) comparing the Gram implementation with Litedram and the ECP5 guidelines.
>
> I intend at least to send a pull request to improve nmigen-boards
> support for the OrangeCrab (aligning it with Litex). Maybe, it would be
> a good idea for me to try the headless Gram example, to have less unknowns.

this would be fantastic.  i fixed the reset issues with the DDR IOpads
in nmigen but ironically this caused the PLL on the DDR pads to
lock into a stable pattern which Gram could not cope with!  in other
words it was only the *un*-stable DDR phase-lock that caused things
to work!

adding BitSlip back in will likely fix this but it was never properly
ported to Gram during its initial development 2 years ago.