[Libre-soc-dev] build server offline due to power outage

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 19:04:53 BST 2022

On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 6:57 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> i would need 2 (or maybe more) UPSes since the router and ISP modem box are in a different room than the build server and there's switches spread throughout the house ... I don't think running long power cables throughout the house is realistically feasible -- my housemates would definitely complain.

ehhmno :) well, actually, i think it would depend on whether they're
working from home or not and have jobs that require reliable
internet...

> the UPS for computers should be rated for several hundred VA, the UPS(es) for the router and stuff would probably be fine being around 150VA.

do look up some prices.  also if you can work out how to get your
router to log in to this (or just connect the server direct to it when
needed) they have flat rate data charge for 2 years
https://www.mypokefi.com/
we've bought *four* of them (!)

if you don't have 4G/LTE where you live then i'm scared :)