[Libre-soc-dev] build server offline due to power outage

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:57:13 BST 2022

On Sun, Jul 3, 2022, 10:32 lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> time for a big UPS, it's easily justifiable (budget wise). i have a 3 hour
> one, used it twice in a year already.

that would be useful, though the internet could still go out due to power
going out for infrastructure I can't control (e.g. ISP network switch for
neighborhood)...

i would need 2 (or maybe more) UPSes since the router and ISP modem box are
in a different room than the build server and there's switches spread
throughout the house ... I don't think running long power cables throughout
the house is realistically feasible -- my housemates would definitely
complain.

the UPS for computers should be rated for several hundred VA, the UPS(es)
for the router and stuff would probably be fine being around 150VA.