[Libre-soc-dev] proposal of change of register name convention in SVP64

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:16:55 BST 2022

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 4:01 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> is a hell of a lot of work changing 160+ pages of specification
> and existing unit tests...

Well, I'm not sure whether it comforts us a bit, but, at least, this
change makes insn a bit more straightforward. This was a really
strange design choice to use the name of the register and its index
interchangeably.
Also, considering we seriously reduce an amount of crap like "hey,
this argument is optional" and therefore stick to commands being
non-ambiguous, I'd say this choice keeps us in the same route.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Selyutin