[Libre-soc-dev] proposal of change of register name convention in SVP64

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 21:09:33 BST 2022

Just so that it won't get missed: Jacob suggested[0] that we adopt *%
convention for vectors. That is, in case you want to refer to vector
%r117, you'll use *%r117. First of all, this syntax recalls of
dereference; second, this combination looks less alien to assembly
code writers, e.g. Intel has such a combination, even though for
entirely different purposes.

I'm choosing this way for now, so that I'm not blocked, and suggest
that we stick to it. Also it fits really well to code.

[0] https://libre-soc.org/irclog/%23libre-soc.2022-07-01.log.html#t2022-07-01T18:54:08

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Selyutin