[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 04jan2022

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jan 4 19:37:13 GMT 2022

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 6:44 PM Tobias Platen
<libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:

> yesterday: installing verilator and reading its documentation
> today: playing with verilator
>
> for microwatt I guess I need ghdl and ghdl-yosys-plugin,

yes.  https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=dev-env-setup.git;a=blob;f=ghdl-install;hb=HEAD
i'm not sure why ghdl-yosys-plugin isn't in that.  if you'd like to
add it feel free

> for libre-soc
> I export verilog using issuer_verilog.py. Then I can convert the
> generated verilog using verilator.

ah no.  well... yes, but you need specific options
$ python3 simple/issuer_verilog.py --microwatt-compat --enable-mmu
external_core_top.v >& /tmp/f1

then copy that into the microwatt directory, you will need the verilator_trace
branch:

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=microwatt.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/verilator_trace;hb=refs/heads/verilator_trace

> FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/path/to/soc/src/soc/config/../../../pinmux/ls180/litex_pinpads.json'

make mkpinmux.  something like that.