[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 19feb2022

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Feb 19 17:07:14 GMT 2022

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 5:01 PM Tobias Platen
<libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:

> I agree that we should avoid those Trademark-infringing amaranth
> packages. It seems that I had cloned the wrong git repo.

you hadn't: what has happened is that whitequark has refused to comply
with Trademark Law and cede control of the github account.

[instead, whitequark has leveraged her unlawful position to perform a public
"redirect" which, under Trademark Law, falls under the "Also Known As"
rules, making amaranth an "Alias" of nmigen that is wholly and legally
owned by M-Labs]