[Libre-soc-dev] Testing Libre-SoC 0.18um test chip.

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 15:07:58 BST 2021

On September 16, 2021 1:33:23 PM UTC, "Staf Verhaegen (FibraServi)"
<staf at fibraservi.eu> wrote:
>Goodday all,
>
>Currently the silicon for the Libre-SoC has been produced and now the
>dice will be packaged.

excellent news

>I am happy to let other people take on this testing task. So let's
>discuss here if some of you may want to take on this task. I will get
>almost 160 packaged chips. Attached is the package footprint. I also
>one
>socket available that I can send to someone.
> https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32895156029.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.66714c4dXaDNuv

i can do one, i really need to be involved, esp. having done the HDL.

my friend tried tracking down the socket, if there are other people
willing to try then we *might* be able to use my friend to buy them
direct from HK or TW.

no, soldering is *not* ok, here! it could damage the ASIC and the
limited quantity means that is not an acceptable risk to take.

>In original project there was a budget of €5400 for the testing task.

do you know what other components are needed (from scratch)?

* three PSUs (3.3v, 1.8v, variable for the PLL)
* and a digital clock of some kind, at least?

an FPGA i assume may potentially useable to generate clock signals,
although ensuring they are stable and shielded will be fun over jumper
cables, a shielded breakout cable should be fine, and it is only what,
24 mhz anyway.

hmm, what about LIP6.fr?

Dimitry, Jean-Paul, Marie-Minerve: would you be interested to try to
test one of the ASICs?  particularly, Professor Galayko, the PLL?