[Libre-soc-dev] Testing Libre-SoC 0.18um test chip.

Staf Verhaegen (FibraServi) staf at fibraservi.eu
Thu Sep 16 14:33:23 BST 2021

Goodday all,

Currently the silicon for the Libre-SoC has been produced and now the
dice will be packaged.

Normally I would expect the chips still this month but I got notified by
imec of possibly much longer lead times for (low-volume) chip packaging
due the chip squeeze. So we will have to see.

Anyway I am now involved in other European funded projects and will only
have time starting from mid November to start with the test of the test
chip. And NLnet would like to have confirmation of the chip working ASAP.

I am happy to let other people take on this testing task. So let's
discuss here if some of you may want to take on this task. I will get
almost 160 packaged chips. Attached is the package footprint. I also one
socket available that I can send to someone. It's this one:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32895156029.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.66714c4dXaDNuv
Unfortunately it is not in stock anymore.

In original project there was a budget of €5400 for the testing task.

greets,
Staf.

--
Chips want to be free.