[Libre-soc-dev] large test data

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 15 12:45:20 BST 2021

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 12:04 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> can that be downloaded via an automated script from a well-known
> location?  or, is it part of *another* repository that can be
> specified automatically?

the thought occurred to me, it may be possible to use git submodules here,
to automatically bring in another git repository containing the
required test data.
it would not need to be built, just "brought in".  also, the specific hash would
mean that the test data did not change without warning.

however if doing it that way, yes, adding it to openpower-isa would be
inappropriate.
if however it's done as an "auto-extraction shell script" then the purpose of
openpower-isa as a central location for "unit tests of OpenPOWER ISA in general"
is preserved.

what's your thoughts? i'm happy either way (but definitely not with
actually committing
actual test data of large size(s) to the git repos)