[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 17mar2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Mar 18 08:20:36 GMT 2021

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 8:10 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> no...I made the matching changes in power_decode.py. all the tests you
> instructed me to run on irc pass, except for that 1 expected failure.

i hadn't finished thinking through the full implications, and given
that you'd said "i will leave things as they are and resolve it in the
c++ code" i did not expect you to make extensive changes overnight.

i also made it very clear that we have much higher priority tasks to do.

i've therefore also reverted those changes because they're too
extensive and disruptive right now, due to the implications for
microwatt, plus i'm in the middle of other work that i would have to
stop - dead - and think through.

sorry: this is one area where we simply cannot make rapid changes
without *extensive* review of all impacted projects.

we have something like five or six separate projects relying on thesse
files, that's going to go up to eight or nine.

can you please therefore raise a bugreport about it so that some time
in the future this can be evaluated when we are not under extreme time
pressure.