[Libre-soc-dev] git forced master reversion on wiki and soc

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Mar 18 08:14:29 GMT 2021

i've just had to do a forced master push onto the wiki and the soc
repositories to revert changes that are simply too disruptive at this
critical point when we are under such intense time pressure.

anyone who has done a "git pull" in the past 10 hours will need to
abandon their work and re-check-out those two repositories unless you
know how to sort out locally deleting the master branch from your
local checked out repo and how to re-add it at the correct (remote)
branch point.

changes at this low level jacob we *cannot* do without extreme care
and consideration.

i have not said anything very deliberately for some time, so that you
would see what happens as a result: you've not been keeping up-to-date
with software development and consequently, now that you've started
contributing again, are unfamiliar with the background of over a
year's work and so are not cognizant of the full implications of
changes that you'd like to make.

if you would like to make low-level changes they need to be planned
*extremely* carefully.

please be more careful in future.