[Libre-soc-dev] Unexpected clock connexions.

Jean-Paul Chaput Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
Fri Jun 4 11:06:19 BST 2021

On Fri, 2021-06-04 at 11:44 +0200, Staf Verhaegen (FibraServi) wrote:
> On 3/06/2021 23:04, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > Staf, attached patch for your review, it is a simple rename:
> >
> > * sys_clk to sys_clk_0
> > * ref_clk returns back to sys_clk
>
> Reason I did not do this is that have to be sure to rename all
> occurrences of sys_clk internal signal otherwise you would end up with
> part still connected directly to sys_clk. With my change it was not
> needed to track down all exisinting of sys_clk so I didn't. I agree that
> number of occurences is low so your patch looks fine.

  If the clock is badly connected, I should be able to see it in the
  P&R layout. All DFFs must be connected to the leafs of the H-Tree
  and the only remaining connexions are between I/O pad, PLL and the
  root of the H-Tree. Can track them manually.

--

      .-.     J e a n - P a u l   C h a p u t  /  Administrateur Systeme
      /v\     Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
    /(___)\   work: (33) 01.44.27.53.99
     ^^ ^^    cell:      06.66.25.35.55   home: 09.65.29.83.38

    U P M C   Universite Pierre & Marie Curie
    L I P 6   Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris VI
    S o C     System On Chip