[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 18sep2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 18 17:32:17 BST 2020

On 9/18/20, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 7:56 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> apologies not been keeping in touch past few days.
>>
>> * spoke with cole tuesday (?) after working out that the mmu is going
>> to take too long, focus instead on litex interfaces and JTAG.
>
> Sounds about right to me. Following up on this, are you expecting that
> I'm working on the Chips4Makers JTAG testing? Or, something else?

if you can look at setting up chips4makers gitlab jtag code, replicate
it, run the tests (cocotb is one of the dependencies) then document
that and also add them to the build/install scripts etc that would be
great.

google gitlab chips4makers.

>> * staf kindly gave some insights into chips4makers JTAG code
>>
>> * the interfaces we will add *only* those bare minimum that have
>> existing code or is absolutely essential
>
> Is this solely in ls180.py

the pins yes

>or also in a to-be-created soc file?

i may see if i can modify versa_ecp5.py so as to avoid code duplication

>> * OpenPOWER NA2020 went very well, technically.  unfortunately because
>> of slack there was no engagement.
>
> Great! F*** slack :)
>
>> * XDC2020 on the other hand using irc has been fantastic and we have
>> people coming forward wanting to help out.
>
> That's fantastic! Can you detail who has contacted you wanting to help
> out here, or privately (given they haven't yet agreed to the charter)?
> I'd like to help with onboarding, etc.

sent msg asking them to join list, this morning.