[Libre-soc-dev] git.libre-soc.org mesa repo branch

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 19:48:13 BST 2020

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 11:41 AM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 11:36 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Luke,
> > >
> > > I just pushed vivek's mesa repo to git.libre-soc.org:mesa on the
> > > branch libresoc dev, then in order to push my commit that added the
> > > missing vk_format* files needed to compile fully, git told me I needed
> > > to run git config push.default 'x' and I used 'upstream'. This
> > > resulted in me pushing to mesa/master instead of mesa/libresoc_dev.
> > > I'm a little confused. Should I have set the upstream to be the
> > > mesa/libresoc_dev branch?
> >

> > no.
> >
> > branches need to match one-for-one.
> >
> > use "+" on the branch name to fix it.
> >
> > check out master
> > git push origin +master
> >
> > check out libresoc_dev
> > git push origin +libresoc_dev
>
> Ah very helpful, followed these steps, done.

Unfortunately looking on the gitweb interface after doing this it
appears as if nothing has changed. I'm not experienced enough with git
to know if the repo is in a problem state, so *not urgent* but can you
take a look when you have a chance after the slide decks and whatever
else you're doing is done? Thank you.

Cole