[Libre-soc-dev] git.libre-soc.org mesa repo branch

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Sep 9 18:19:00 BST 2020

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 5:47 PM vivek pandya <vivekvpandya at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we should have waited a little bit.

the transparency requirements of NLnet's "Privacy and Enhanced Trust"
Grant need to be met, Vivek.  plus if someone else joins you and
wishes to help out, "waiting" actively prevents and prohibits them
from doing that, doesn't it?

> Everything is visible and
> accessible on
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/vivekvpandya/mesa/-/tree/libresoc_dev
> Until I don't get LLVM jit wrangled all work is mostly labor, nothing much
> smart.

please understand: the "quality" or "status" should in no way be
considered a deciding factor as to whether code should or should not
be made available.  it should *always* be made available.   if code is
not "pushed" within a few minutes of it being written and tested, this
should be considered a "red flag".

i've documented this on the HDL_workflow "development practices" page
https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/

> Is anyone planning to add any code?

if we can find other people to help, yes.  i'm doing two conference
presentations on LibreSOC for next week so it is likely to happen
soon.

> Mostly that won't help until I get LLVM getting generated.
>
> I will push vk_format* files in some hours (Internet is down).

are these auto-generated from a command? (if so they should not be
added, merely the build instructions updated).

> Now I don't
> know if that will create a mess in the git repository Cole just created.

it shouldn't - if it does, use "git push libresoc +{insert_branch}" to
fix it (note the "+")

you can either edit the .git/config file by hand (i do that all the
time) or use some commands (which i don't know) to achieve the same
effect:

[remote "libresoc"]
    url = gitolite3 at git.libre-riscv.org:/mesa
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

yes you can have two URL lines under [remote "master"] _or_ if you
prefer you can have a separately-named remote... all in the same
.git/config file.