[Libre-soc-dev] All div pipe tests pass

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:02:39 BST 2020

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020, 05:22 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 6:00 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:42 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> > <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> > > briiiliant.
> > >
> > > that's good in two ways because we can propose the pseudocode for a
> v3.0C spec.
> >
> > Still need to convert all `undefined` references in those instructions
> > to 0 bits though.
>
> i "solved" that one by (in the simulator) defining the variable
> "undefined" to 0b00000000000000000000000000000000...
>
> proposing to OPF two inter-related things at once is probably not a
> good idea.  they should really be separate discussions, not least
> because the variable named "undefined" is used in multiple places.

My plan for div is to just remove references to undefined, not removing the
definition of undefined.

> that said, we need to be prepared to have the discussion where someone
> brings it up.

yeah, though basically the only part that would functionally change in the
ISA spec is the undefined issue, the other spec bugs were all on our side:
mistranslating the overflow conditions into code, using the wrong division
op, etc.