[Libre-soc-dev] All div pipe tests pass

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Oct 7 13:21:12 BST 2020

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 6:00 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:42 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/7/20, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I got all the div fu tests to pass by fixing the ISA spec and fixing
> > > the one bug I found in the div fu.
> >
> > briiiliant.
> >
> > that's good in two ways because we can propose the pseudocode for a v3.0C spec.
>
> Still need to convert all `undefined` references in those instructions
> to 0 bits though.

i "solved" that one by (in the simulator) defining the variable
"undefined" to 0b00000000000000000000000000000000...

proposing to OPF two inter-related things at once is probably not a
good idea.  they should really be separate discussions, not least
because the variable named "undefined" is used in multiple places.

that said, we need to be prepared to have the discussion where someone
brings it up.

ISA standards development takes a loooong time.