[Libre-soc-dev] RFC on mission

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Nov 29 20:14:26 GMT 2020

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 8:09 PM Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:

> “saleable”[*] has good attribution as an internationally-recognized valid English spelling for “Suitable for sale; marketable; worth enough to try to sell.”
>
> Whereas “salable”

sharing the same pronounciation derivative as the word "salamander";
literally pronounced, according to the letters and standard english
diction rules governing "sala-": "sall-a-bull" or "sall-aarrr-bull"

> seems to be limited to American spelling and only recently attributed.

introduced we may logically infer because of a general incompetence of
schools to prioritise spelling education, throwing the first world
back about 150+ years in terms of literacy, you mean.