[Libre-soc-dev] RFC on mission

whygee at f-cpu.org whygee at f-cpu.org
Sun Nov 22 08:39:06 GMT 2020

On 2020-11-22 02:46, Jacob Lifshay wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 7:06 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/mission_statement/
>>
>> i don't have a problem with making it clear that we expect business
>> partners to have a conscience and be aware of and avoid harm to users.
>
> Sounds great to me! I watch Louis Rossmann's youtube channel where he
> constantly advocates for Right to Repair (as well as does his job --
> repairing Macbooks). I'm all for Right to Tinker :P.

I'm all for it too.

I love the mission statement and how simple, unambiguous
and short it is. Yet like Alexandre I also wish seeing
"and users" after "businesses" because even though
this is indirect, they are the purpose and end target
of the mission. It matters to them (as in PR-wise)
that they feel that we work FOR them, and WITH businesses :-)

> Jacob
yg