[Libre-soc-dev] soclayout/experiments10 doDesign.py

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:43:39 GMT 2020

Hi Luke,

Simply running `make` in the soclayout/experiments 10 directory seems
to work properly, opening a Dreal window displaying the chip, or at
least the part that we currently want to generate.

Running `python doDesign.py` results in a rather long stack trace
which includes about 8 warnings about cell libraries being empty or
having missing cells, as well as 'NoneType' object having no attribute
get layer (see condensed trace below). Am I using this correctly, but
the doDesign.py file isn't ready to be used as you and JP are just
working on the IOConn pads right now? Or am I somehow missing cell
libraries despite having just compiled and installed the latest
versions of coriolis, alliance, and alliance-check-toolkit?

```
[WARNING] AllianceFramework::getCell(): The library list is empty,
while loading Cell "inv_x1".
[trimmed]
  File "/home/colepoirier/coriolis-2.x/Linux.x86_64/Release.Shared/install/lib64/python2.7/dist-packages/cumulus/plugins/alpha/block/rsmt.py",
line 528, in staticInit
    gcut    = tech.getLayer( 'gcontact' )
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getLayer'
```

Cole