[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 29aug2020

Cesar Strauss cestrauss at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:09:24 BST 2020

Last week:

* Implemented a mini-language for generating stylish GTKWave documents
from Python

* Tested the proposed fix for a cxxsim bug.
The race condition remains, but I managed to narrow down the test case
even further.

* Took a look at cxxrtl, cxxsim and pysim, to see if I could find anything.
The C++ side is easy enough to understand, overall. Have come to
appreciate the complexity of the Python side.

This week:

* Move the GTKWave implementation to nmutil.gtkw

* Document its build dependencies

* Write a tutorial

Next (as time permits):

* Interested in writing a formal proof for
src/soc/experiment/alu_fsm.py, to acquire some experience.

* Add GTKWave documents to:
  - src/soc/experiment/alu_hier.py
  - src/soc/experiment/test/test_compalu_multi.py
  - src/soc/experiment/compldst_multi.py

* Write parallel unit tests for test_compalu_multi.py and
compldst_multi.py, from the experience already gained on alu_hier.py.

* Maybe, write a function to walk an nMigen top-level Module and output
a GTKWave document of its signals, colored by hierarchy.

Regards,

Cesar