[Libre-soc-dev] Loading Vulkan Driver

vivek pandya vivekvpandya at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:26:16 BST 2020

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 1:54 AM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 10:05 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >
> > now they feel appreciated.  gratitude in libre/open world is currency.
> > nicrly done, vivek.
>
> Indeed! Welcome Vivek, as I believe I have not yet introduced myself.
>
> I have completed the scripts and the documentation on the wiki page
> for building mesa, however, as you will see in both my
> documentation/instructions on the wiki page as well as in my scripts I
> have left out `-Dvulkan-drivers=libre-soc` in the meson configuration
> step as using is currently fails with the error: "invalid option,
> valid options are: auto, amd... etc. etc." I assume the instructions
> specified on the wiki page  under the heading "3 .From here on is
> solely Vivek's instructions" are part of the way to remedy this,
> however, I need from you Vivek the exact way you have setup vulkan, in
> order to complete both the scripts and the tutorial/documentation
> page.
>
> Thanks Cole for putting things together.  I believe my setup is more or
less the same and I feel that the instructions you have shared on the doc
is enough for building mesa.
The problem you see while using `-Dvulkan-drivers=libre-soc` is because
upstream mesa git repo does not have libre-soc related source code.
It lives here
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/vivekvpandya/mesa/-/tree/libresoc_dev/
and soon I will push the same code on libre-soc git repo.
So please give above source a build try with `-Dvulkan-drivers=libre-soc`
in meson configuration command
on successful build and install you should see a json file for libresoc
vulkan driver in <install_dir>/share/vulkan/icd.d path like following:
vivek at vivek-VirtualBox:~/install/share/vulkan/icd.d$ ls
libresoc_icd.x86_64.json

and libvulkan_libresoc.so file in <install_dir>/lib/<folder_name_basedon_OS
_and_arch> like following:
vivek at vivek-VirtualBox:~/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu$ ls
dri              libglapi.so.0.0.0      libGL.so.1.2.0
libEGL.so        libGLESv1_CM.so        libvulkan_libresoc.so

Sincerely,
Vivek