[Libre-soc-dev] Improving GTKWave debugging

Cesar Strauss cestrauss at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:52:11 BST 2020

Em 15/08/2020 08:42, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton escreveu:
> ooo niiiice.  i liked it so much i created this page
> https://libre-soc.org/Documentation/gtkwave_tutorial/

Thanks, glad you liked it. I intend to help maintaining that page.

I wrote a first draft of a mini-language to describe GTKWave documents.

It uses a split CSS + DOM approach, where style is separated from content.

Style format:
{selector: {attribute: value, ...}, ...}

Document tree format:
[signal, (signal, class), (group, [children]), comment, ...]

For the moment, only the syntax and semantics were proposed. Actual
implementation should be next.

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=src/soc/experiment/alu_fsm.py;h=067ea720fd8784e89e3a8cb590a9966257bd20d9;hb=HEAD#l269

Regards,
Cesar